Kansas Medley™ Pilaf with Cranberries, Squash and Pecans
Yield: Approximately 40 ½ cup servings
- 2 lb. InHarvest Kansas Medley™ (or InHarvest Whole
Grain 5 Blend™)
- 2 q. chicken stock
- 4 c. buttercup or acorn squash, peeled, seeded
and cubed ¼ inch
- ½ c. olive oil
- 2 T. fresh sage, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 oz. thick-cut bacon
- 1 leek, half moon cut, dark green part omitted
- 2 c. pecan halves, toasted
- 2 c. dried cranberries
- Cook InHarvest Kansas Medley in chicken stock, reserve.
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Coat cubed squash with olive oil, sage and salt and pepper to taste. Spread squash onto hotel pan and roast for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, remove and cool.
- Sauté bacon until fat is rendered out, add leeks and sauté for an additional minute. Remove excess bacon fat if desired. Add pecans and cranberries and mix well.
- Heat rice before stirring in squash and bacon cranberry pecan mixture. Mix well and serve immediately.
Suggested Pairings: Serve with poultry, pork or wild game.