Heirloom Bean and Grilled Vegetable Ratatouille
Yield: About 22 cups
- 2 lb. InHarvest Heirloom Bean Blend
- 5 q. water
- 5 q. water or stock
- ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lb. tomatoes, blanched, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 head roasted garlic, cloves peeled and mashed
- 1 large onion, thick slice
- 2 small zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 2 small yellow summer squash, sliced lengthwise
- 3 bell peppers (red, yellow and green)
- 1 medium eggplant, thick sliced lengthwise
- 3 Portabella mushroom caps, gills removed
- Herbs de provence, to taste
- 2 c. vegetable or chicken stock (add extra cup if more moisture is desired)
- ¼ c. fresh basil, julienne or chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add InHarvest Heirloom Bean Blend to 5 quarts water, cover and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and let soak for one hour covered. Drain and add 5 quarts fresh water or stock. Bring back to a boil, cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes until done. Drain liquid and reserve beans.
- Coat all vegetables with olive oil and season to taste with salt, pepper and herbes de provence. Grill vegetables until tender but still al dente, cool and dice large.
- Saute onions, tomatoes and roasted garlic for about 2 minutes before adding remaining vegetables, beans and stock. Season to taste with salt and pepper, heat through and garnish with fresh basil to serve.