Golden Jewel Blend® Pesto Gratin with Goat Cheese - 2 lbs.
Yield: 34 half-cup servings
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Golden Jewel Blend® or Israeli Couscous
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 4 T. shallots, diced
- 3 c. Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1½ c. asparagus, ½ inch cut
- ⅔ c. pesto (see recipe below)
- 16 oz. heavy whipping cream
- 30 oz. goat cheese (Chevre)
- toasted pine nuts (for garnish)
- 2 oz. fresh basil
- ½ c. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 T. toasted pine nuts
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 oz. fresh grated parmesan
- 1 t. kosher salt
- Cook InHarvest Golden Jewel Blend or InHarvest Israeli Couscous according to package directions and cool immediately by spreading out in a thin layer on sheet pan before placing in refrigerator.
- Heat olive oil in pan and add mushrooms to saute. Saute for 1 to 2 minutes before adding asparagus and shallots. Saute for an additional 1 to 2 minutes while stirring. Add tomatoes and heat for 1 minute while stirring. Remove from heat and stir in pesto.
- Add mixture and whipping cream to Golden Jewel Blend® or Israeli Couscous. Mix well and portion into ramekin or gratin dishes and cover with goat cheese. Goat cheese will spread better when at room temperature. Use rubber spatula dipped in hot water to spread cheese evenly. If using a deeper gratin or ramekin you may need to heat in oven before placing under broiler.
- Place under broiler until cheese is lightly browned and garnish with toasted pine nuts before service.
- Add basil, pine nuts, garlic and salt to food processor. Add olive oil slowly while processing until it obtains a sauce like consistency. Add parmesan cheese and continue to process for about 5 seconds.