Curried Lamb and Amaranth Soup with Crimson Lentils
- 1 lb. lamb stew meat
- 4 T. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 lb. InHarvest Petite Crimson Lentils
- 1 1/2 c. InHarvest Amaranth
- 1 1/2 c. diced onion
- 1 1/2 c. diced carrots
- 2 T. chopped garlic
- 1/2 c. dry sherry
- 3 q. chicken stock
- 4 t. curry powder
- 6 c. fresh spinach leaves, without stems
- 12 oz. plain yogurt
- Heat olive oil in large pot. Add lamb and saute until lightly browned. Stir in onions, carrots and garlic and saute for an additional 5 minutes. Stir in InHarvest Amaranth and Petite Crimson Lentils and curry powder and mix well. Deglaze pot with dry sherry.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes or until lentils begin to dissolve and thicken soup. Adjust flavor with salt and pepper.
- Stir in spinach leaves 5 minutes before serving. Garnish soup with a tablespoon of yogurt.