Char-Grilled Triple Pepper & Black Barley Salsa
Yield: 6 ¾ cups
- 5 c. water or stock
- 8 oz. InHarvest Black Barley
- 2 medium green poblano chiles
- 2 medium red bell peppers
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1 vine-ripe tomato, small dice
- 1/3 c. red onion, small dice
- 1/3 c. fresh cilantro, rough chop
- 3 T. white-wine vinegar
- 2 T. salad oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring water or stock to a boil; stir in InHarvest Black Barley. Bring back to a boil, cover and let simmer for 45 minutes or until desired texture is achieved. Refrigerate until service.
- Char-grill the poblano and bell peppers on high heat for about 5 minutes, turning so as not to burn. Remove from the grill and place directly into a zip-lock bag. Seal and let stand for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the poblano and bell peppers from the bag; peel the skin and remove the seeds. Refrigerate until service.
- At service, small dice the poblano and bell peppers.
- Combine all ingredients and season to taste. Serve cold with your favorite chips.