Caribbean Blend Quinoa Stuffed Plantain
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Dorothy Dee Thomas
- 1/2 roasted yellow plantain
- 4 oz. steamed InHarvest Sunrise Blend with Quinoa Flakes®
- 3/4 c. vegetable stock
- 1/4 c. pineapple for vegetable stock
- 2 oz. roasted corn
- 1 oz. red pepper
- 1/2 oz. cilantro
- 1/2 oz. fresh pineapple juice
- 1/2 t. honey mustard
- 1 oz. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Roast ripe yellow plantain in oven until tender. Steam Sunrise Blend in vegetable stock seasoned with pineapples.
- Sauté corn, red pepper and scallions together. Next toss with steamed Sunrise Blend and add cilantro. Drizzle with pineapple vinaigrette.
- Using half the roasted plantain, split and stuff with Sunrise Blend mixture.
- Serve with Caribbean beverage of your choice.