Cabernet Medley™ Primavera Saffron Risotto
- 2 lb. InHarvest Cabernet Medley™
- 1 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 ½ q. chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 c. yellow squash, half-moon slice
- 2 c. zucchini, half-moon slice
- 3 to 4 pinches of saffron threads
- 2 c. Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 c. red and yellow bell pepper, julienne cut
- ½ c. white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley and grated Parmesan to garnish
- Heat stock and reserve on stove. Steep saffron threads in one cup of hot stock.
- Heat olive oil in bottom of a large pot, with thick bottom if available, and saute onions until transparent. Stir in Cabernet Medley and stir until grains are coated with oil.
- Add white wine while continuing to stir. Add stock with saffron to pot and continue to stir. Start adding stock one cup at a time while stirring continuously.
- Veggies should be sauteed and reserved when you are down to about 4 cups of stock, salt and pepper veggies to taste. Start with the mushrooms and peppers and add the zucchini & squash next.
- Finish adding stock to risotto until it reaches a creamy consistency with the grains remaining slightly firm. Stir in Parmesan and veggies to finish. Garnish with Parmesan and parsley for service.