Butterscotch Calypso Baked Beans
Yield: 6 ½-cup portions
- 8 oz. InHarvest Butterscotch Calypso Beans
- 1½ c. water
- 2 oz. Applewood-smoked bacon, thick cut, diced
- ½ c. onion, diced
- ¾ c. ketchup
- 2 T. molasses
- ¼ c. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ c. dark brown sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1½ t. dry mustard
- 1 t. garlic, minced
- ¼ t. Kosher salt
- ¼ t. black pepper
- Soak InHarvest Butterscotch Calypso Beans overnight, or using quick soak method per package directions.
- Cook beans according to package directions until tender. Drain and reserve.
- Sauté bacon until crisp. Drain ½ of the bacon grease and add onion. Sauté until onion is translucent. Reserve.
- In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Place all ingredients in oven-safe pot and bake uncovered at 350°F until liquid thickens (1 ½ to 2 hours), stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaf before serving.