Blueberry Farro Risotto with Vanilla Rum Crème Anglaise
- 2 lb. InHarvest Farro
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 c. dried blueberries
- 2 q. whole milk, heated
- ½ c. sugar
For Vanilla Rum Crème Anglaise:
- 8 egg yolks
- 6 T. sugar
- 4 c. heavy cream
- 3 T. sour cream
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- ½ c. dark rum
- Heat olive oil in large pot, add InHarvest Farro and stir until all grains are coated.
- Add blueberries and continue to stir for an additional 2 minutes. Add heated milk 1 cup at a time while stirring constantly on medium heat. Add sugar when you add the last cup of milk. If grains are still a little firm, add ½ cup hot water and heat covered on low for an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
- Let Farro cool to almost room temperature and serve with Vanilla Rum Crème Anglaise. Garnish with fresh mint leaf if desired.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until they are pale yellow with a smooth texture.
- In a medium saucepan, combine heavy cream, sour cream, vanilla bean, and bring to a boil.
- Whisk half of the cream mixture into the egg yolks until well combined, then pour back into the saucepan.
- Over medium heat, stir mixture constantly with a wooden spoon until it heavily coats the back of the spoon.
- Strain into a clean bowl. Stir in the rum and set the bowl over ice cubes and cold water until chilled, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate, covered, until needed. Serve with Blueberry Farro Risotto.