Bamboo Rice Chai Pudding
- 2 lb. InHarvest Bamboo Rice
- 1 g. whole milk
- 2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 c. brown sugar, light or dark
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 Tazo® Chai tea bags
- 2 c. golden raisins
- 1 out center vanilla bean, cut and scrape
- Ground cinnamon and brown sugar to taste
- Par-cook the InHarvest Bamboo Rice according to instructions on package. (8 minutes). Pull and drain onto sheet pan.
- Bring whole milk, sugars, Chai tea bags and salt, vanilla bean and filling in heavy saucepan, to a slow simmer. (keep watch not to scorch the milk
- After milk simmers for 5 minutes, add the par-cooked Bamboo Rice and finish cooking over medium heat. Stir occasionally until thick and slightly creamy, about 15-20 minutes.
- Temper the eggs into Bamboo Rice/Chai pudding mixture. Bring pudding back to a simmer.
- Spoon pudding into serving dishes or containers and refrigerate until cool and mix in the golden raisins.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and brown sugar on top before service, if desired.