Black Quinoa Asian Slaw
This colorful Asian Slaw is as visually stunning as it is healthful, using InHarvest Black Quinoa, a "supergrain" containing all eight amino acids.
Yield: 7-1/2 cups
- 8 oz InHarvest Black Quinoa
- 2 c. water
- 4 California Navel oranges, segmented
- 2 c. red cabbage, shredded
- 1 c. snap peas, bias cut
- 1 c. carrots, shredded
- 1 c. scallions, bias cut
- 1 mango, small dice
- 1/2 c. fresh cilantro, rough chopped
- 2 T fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 c. orange juice, reserved from orange segment
- 1 t Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 c. rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. sesame oil
- sesame seeds to garnish, toasted
- Rinse InHarvest Black Quinoa under cold water until water runs clear. Place Black Quinoa in boiling water and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine orange juice, rice wine vinegar and ginger. Slowly whisk in sesame oil to create an emulsion. Set aside to incorporate flavors in dressing.
- In a large bowl combine Black Quinoa, red cabbage, snap peas, carrots, scallions,mangos, and cilantro.
- Fold in dressing and let chill in fridge until service. At service garnish with toasted sesame seeds.