Baja Fish and Quinoa Tacos with Ancho Lime Crema
A refreshing take on fish tacos, with the added nutrition of super-grains InHarvest Red and White Quinoa.
Yield: 8 portions (16 tacos)
- 4 oz. InHarvest Red Quinoa, dry
- 4 oz. InHarvest White Quinoa, dry
- 2 c. vegetable stock
- 10 oz. green cabbage, shredded
- 1½ c. Mexican crema (or 50/50 mayo and sour cream)
- 2 fresh limes for juice
- 1 large dried ancho chile, stem and seeds removed, soaked in water to rehydrate
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves
- Salt, to taste
- 2 lbs. mahi mahi fillets, boneless (Atlantic line-caught)
- Extra-virgin olive oil, as needed
- ¼ c. fish rub
- 32 6-in. corn tortillas
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- ½ small red onion, thin sliced
- Cook InHarvest Red Quinoa and InHarvest White Quinoa in stock per package directions. Cool immediately.
- Combine quinoas with shredded green cabbage; reserve.
- To a food processor, add crema, lime juice, ancho chile, cilantro and salt. Process until well blended. Chill and reserve.
- Rub fish with olive oil, followed by fish rub of choice. (Old Bay will also work). Let marinate for at least 20 minutes before grilling.
- Grill fish over medium heat on each side until fillets are just cooked through. Flake and reserve for service.
- Per taco: Lightly grill 2 corn tortillas.
- Lay 1 tortilla over the other and spread 1½ oz. quinoa/cabbage mixture over the top. Top mixture with 2 oz. grilled fish. Garnish with sliced avocado, sliced onion and ancho-lime crema.