Whole Grain 5 Blend™ Deep-Dish Beef Chili - 2 lbs.
Yield: 32 servings
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 4 c. diced onion
- 4 T. chopped garlic
- 4 lbs. 90% lean ground beef
- ½ c. tomato paste
- ½ c. chili powder
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 1 T. kosher salt
- 1 t. ground black pepper
- 5 c. diced canned tomato
- 3 qts. beef stock
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Whole Grain 5 Blend™
- 6 c. drained canned kidney beans
- In an oven-proof pot large enough to hold all chili ingredients, heat the oil.
- Sauté the onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add the beef. Cook, breaking up the meat as it browns. Drain off the fat.
- Add the tomato paste, chili powder, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Combine well and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the diced tomato and stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the InHarvest Whole Grain 5 Blend™. Cover with the lid or foil and bake in a 350°F convection oven for approximately 1 hour or until the rice is tender.
- At service, stir the contents of the pan to mix well. Ladle an equal portion of chili into each of 32 bowls. Top each with spicy cilantro yogurt sauce, chopped red onion, chopped cilantro and/or sliced jalapeño.