Colorado Pork Green Chili with Ruby Wild Blend™ - 8 oz.
Yield: 6, 1½-cup servings
- 8 oz. InHarvest Ruby Wild Blend ™
- 1 T. canola oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 c. prepared verde salsa, heat level can be adjusted by using spicy or mild salsa
- 1 jalapeños, seeded and diced (optional)
- 1 lb. pork shoulder (trimmed of fat), medium diced
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ t. toasted cumin seed, ground
- ½ t. dried oregano
- 1 t. dried thyme leaves
- 1 T. ancho chile powder
- 1 c. chicken stock
- ½ c. stewed tomatoes
- ½ c. puréed tomatillo
- ½ c. fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 t. kosher salt
- ½ t. black pepper
- To prepare the chili, heat the oil and add the onion in a large heavy pot or Dutch oven. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, verde salsa, jalapeño, pork shoulder, bay leaf, cumin seed, oregano, thyme and ancho chili powder. Cook for about 5 minutes and stir to keep vegetables from overcooking.
- Add the stock, stewed tomato and tomatillo. Bring to a slight boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook on simmer for about an hour.
- Add InHarvest Ruby Wild Blend to the chili and cook for another hour or until the grains are fork tender.
Per serving: 460 cal., 23 g pro., 41 g carb.,5 g fiber, 23g fat (7 g sat. fat), 70 mg chol., 650mg sod., 6 g sugar