Strawberry Quinoa Shake - K-12 Foodservice
Recipe developed by InHarvest Chef Coleen Donnelly specifically for school menus.
Yield: 70, 10 fl. oz. shakes
A 10 oz. shake contributes 1 cup of fruit juice and 1 oz eq grain (when offered with another 1 oz eq grain the 4 oz. yogurt may be credited as a grain).
- 2 lbs. InHarvest White Quinoa
- 8 c. water
- 17½ qts. strawberries, fresh or frozen (if using frozen, do not thaw)
- 17½ lbs. plain lowfat yogurt
- 8 3/4 c. sunflower seeds (or sunflower butter)
- 3 c. honey
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add InHarvest White Quinoa, reduce to a simmer and cook covered for 12-15 minutes.
- Drain excess liquid and cool completely before proceeding.
- Note: Recipe is intended to be blended in a standard 64 oz. blender with a strong motor. Shakes will need to be blended in batches of 4. If your blender is a different size, the amount in each batch will have to be adjusted.
- For a batch of 4, place the following into the bowl of the blender:
1 c. InHarvest White Quinoa
4 c. strawberries
1 lb. yogurt (approx. 2 c.)
½ c. sunflower seeds
2 T. plus 2 t. honey
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour 10 fl. oz. shakes into clear cups. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to chill.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients. The last batch will not be a full batch of 4.
Per serving: 402 cal., 15 g pro., 52 g carb., 4 g fiber, 18 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 7 mg chol., 86 mg sod.,
28 g sugar