Mountain Red, Black Forest Radish-Top Risotto - 8 oz.
Yield: 7, 1½-cup servings
- 8 oz. InHarvest Black Forest Blend™
- 8 oz. InHarvest Mountain Red Blend™
- 5 T. olive oil
- 2½ c. yellow squash, sliced ¼-inch thick, quarter-sized
- 2 c. green zucchini, sliced ¼-inch thick, quarter-sized
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes, blistered whole
- 1 bunch kale, stem removed, rough chopped, massaged
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 1 t. brown sugar
- 1 t. kosher salt
- 1 T. garlic, minced
- ½ c. onions, small dice
- 2 oz. parmesan cheese, shredded for garnish
- 1 bunch parsley, rough chopped
- 2 bunches fresh radish top
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ c. sweet onion, rough chopped
- 3 ½ oz. parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ c. water
- ½ c. salad oil
- 1 t. kosher salt
For the Radish Pesto:
- In food processor, puree all ingredients except the salt and water.
- When all ingredients are well blended; add the oil slowly and season with salt.
- Reserve until needed.
For the Risotto:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook both the InHarvest Mountain Red Blend™ and the InHarvest Black Forest Blend™ separately, according to package directions.
- While rice and lentils are cooking, on a large sheet tray, roast off the squash, zucchini and tomatoes after drizzling with the olive oil and ¼ t. salt (approximately 5 minutes).
- Remove the tomatoes into a separate bowl and toss with brown sugar and the ¼ t. salt. Let sit room temperature to create a relish.
- In a large stock pot, sauté garlic and onions until translucent (approximately 2 minutes). Add the cooked rice and lentils to the onions and garlic.
- Add the pesto in ½ c. increments until desired taste.
- Add roasted squash vegetables and all the messaged kale to the rice and lentils, mix well. Add 1 c. of the pesto and heat over low until well combined and hot.
- Garnish with shredded parmesan and tomato relish.