Spiced Naked, Wild & Free™ Salad with Fried Haloumi - 2 lbs.
Yield: 40 (1 c.) servings
- 2¾ qts. water
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Naked Wild & Free™
- 2 t. cumin seeds
- 2 t. coriander seeds
- 2 t. fennel seeds
- 2 t. yellow mustard seeds
- 1½ c. olive oil
- ¾ c. lemon juice
- 4 t. kosher salt
- 2 t. ground black pepper
- 1 c. pumpkin seeds
- 1 c. sunflower seeds
- 2 lbs. Haloumi cheese, cut into ½-in. slices
- 2 c. medium-dice roasted, peeled, seeded bell pepper
- 16 c. julienned baby spinach
- In a large pot, bring the water to a boil. Add InHarvest Naked Wild & Free. Cover and simmer until the grains are tender and the water is absorbed, about 50 minutes. Lay out the grains on a sheetpan and let cool to room temperature.
- In an ungreased frypan on the stovetop, toast the cumin, coriander, fennel and mustard lightly. Let cool enough for hand use.
- Grind the spices (medium grind).
- To make the dressing: In a medium mixing bowl or large carafe, blend the toasted spices well with the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and black pepper. Reserve at room temperature until service.
- Using the same ungreased pan as the spices, lightly toast the pumpkin seeds. Remove the seeds to another container and let cool to room temperature. Repeat with the sunflower seeds.
- Again using the same ungreased frypan, cook a batch of the Haloumi slices until browned. Flip and brown the other sides. Remove the cheese and let cool. Repeat with the remaining Haloumi.
- Cut the Haloumi slices into ½-in. pieces.
- In a mixing bowl large enough to contain all the ingredients, toss thoroughly the reserved cooked grains with the spinach, toasted seeds, cheese, bell pepper and dressing.
- Divide the salad evenly among 40 plates and serve.
Per serving: 260 cal., 9 g pro., 19 g carb., 3 g fiber, 17 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 20 mg chol., 304 mg sod., 1 g sugar