Golden Jewel Blend® Cranberry & Apple Salad - 2 lbs.
Yield: 24 half-cup servings
- 1½ qts. chicken stock or lightly salted water
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Golden Jewel Blend®
- 1 c. apple-cider vinegar
- 2 c. canola or light olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 c. light-brown sugar
- 1 T. kosher salt
- 1 t. coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- 4 Granny Smith apple, ½-inch diced
- 3 c. dried cranberries
- 1 c. chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 T. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 T. chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 c. sliced almonds
- In a large pot, bring the stock or water to a boil. Add InHarvest Golden Jewel Blend. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 12 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside to cool.
- To make the vinaigrette, in a food processor or immersion blender combine the vinegar, oil, garlic, brown sugar, salt, pepper and mustard. Blend well.
- In a bowl, combine the cooked Golden Jewel Blend, apple, cranberries, herbs and almonds. Stir in the vinaigrette. Let rest for a few minutes before serving.