Greenwheat Freekeh™ & Massaged Kale Salad - 2 lbs.
Yield: 32 servings
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Greenwheat Freekeh™
- 2 qts. chicken stock or salted water
- 8 bunches kale, cleaned, ribs removed
- 2 c. small lemons, juiced
- 10 anchovy fillets
- 10 garlic cloves
- 2 t. TABASCO®
- 2 c. olive oil
- 1 T. kosher salt
- 2 t. ground black pepper
- 4 c. shredded Parmesan
- In a rice cooker, add InHarvest Greenwheat Freekeh and stock or water. Cook, covered, for 22 minutes or until tender. Remove the freekeh from heat and transfer it to a container. Set aside to cool.
- Place the kale in a large bowl and begin tearing the leaves into smaller pieces while massaging them. Continue until the kale becomes dark, tender and is in bite-size pieces.
- To make the dressing, combine the lemon juice, anchovies, garlic, TABASCO, olive oil, salt and pepper. Purée with an immersion blender or in a food processor until thickened and well blended.
- In a large bowl, toss together the freekeh, kale, dressing and Parmesan. Serve 1 cup per portion at room temperature.