Red Quinoa & Cardamom Pudding - 8 oz.
Yield: 6 (½ c.) servings
- 2½ c. whole milk, divided
- ½ c. light-brown sugar
- 1 t. kosher salt
- 1 t. ground cardamom
- 8 oz. InHarvest Red Quinoa
- 2 T. arrowroot powder
- ½ c. chopped pistachios
- In a pot over high heat, combine 2 c. of the milk with the sugar, salt and cardamom. Heat just until beginning to boil. Stir in InHarvest Red Quinoa and reduce the heat to simmer. Let cook, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot over high heat, heat the remaining milk until scalding. Stir in the arrowroot until the milk thickens to a slurry.
- When the quinoa is cooked, stir the slurry into the pot containing the quinoa. Cook over low heat, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pot from the heat and cover the pot. Store in the walk-in or cooler until the pudding is thoroughly chilled.
- Spoon the pudding evenly into 6 single-serving vessels. At service, sprinkle an equal quantity of pistachios over each pudding.
Per serving: 320 cal., 10 g pro., 49 g carb., 1 g fiber, 10 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 10 mg chol., 370 mg sod., 20 g sugar