Moroccan Quinoa, Shredded Beet & Carrot Salad - 2 lbs.
Yield: 80 (½ cup) servings
- 2 qts. water
- 1 T. kosher salt
- 2 lbs. InHarvest White Quinoa
- 1 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 c. honey
- 1 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 T. ground cinnamon
- 2 t. ground cumin
- 1 t. ground cayenne pepper
- 2 t. ground coriander
- 8 c. shredded beet
- 8 c. shredded carrot
- 2 c. chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 c. chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In a large pot, bring the salted water to a boil. Stir in InHarvest White Quinoa and cover. Reduce heat to low and cook until the liquid is completely absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes. Lay the cooked quinoa out on a sheet pan and reserve in the cooler or walk-in.
- To make the dressing, in a separate bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, honey and oil until smooth. Stir in the cinnamon, cumin, cayenne and coriander.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the chilled quinoa with the beet, carrot, mint and parsley. Pour in the dressing and toss the salad well. Reserve chilled for service.
Per serving: 110 cal., 2 g pro., 17 g carb., 1 g fiber, 4 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 110 mg sod., 6 g sugar