Creamy Red Quinoa with Pancetta & Shiitake - 2 lbs.
Yield: 40 (½ c.) servings
- 2 qts. chicken stock
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Red Quinoa
- 1 lb. pancetta, diced
- 2 c. sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 c. thinly sliced leek
- 1 c. mascarpone
- 2 T. chopped fresh thyme
- ½ c. shredded Parmesan
- Cracked black pepper, as needed
- In a large pot over high heat, bring the stock to a boil. Stir in InHarvest Red Quinoa and cover. Reduce heat to low and cook until the liquid is completely absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes. Reserve.
- In a large frypan over high heat, cook the pancetta until crispy. Remove the pancetta and reserve, leaving the rendered fat in the pan.
- Add the shiitake to the pan and cook until just browned. Add the leek and cook for a few minutes. Remove the pan from heat and stir in the cooked quinoa, mascarpone, thyme and cooked pancetta until all ingredients are well incorporated. Reserve warm until service.
- Per order: Spoon ½ cup creamy quinoa onto a side plate or into a small bowl. Crown with a generous 1 t. Parmesan and a sprinkling of pepper.
Per serving: 210 cal., 9 g pro., 17 g carb., 0 g fiber, 11 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 30 mg chol., 270 mg sod., 2 g sugar