Black Pearl Medley® Bibimbap Bowl - 8 oz.
Yield: 4 servings
- 8 oz. InHarvest Black Pearl Medley®
- 9 T. water
- 1 T. sugar
- ½ t. turmeric
- 1½ T. rice vinegar
- ¾ t. kosher salt, divided
- ½ c. 1” matchsticks peeled daikon radish
- ½ c. 1” matchsticks peeled carrot
- 5 T. 1” bias-cut scallion or spring onion
- 2 c. shredded green cabbage
- 1½ c. roughly chopped kimchee with juice
- ½ c. chopped cilantro
- 3¾ T. mayonnaise
- ¼ t. ground black pepper
- 3 t. sesame seeds
- 3 t. finely minced garlic
- 2 T. sesame oil
- 2 T. rice syrup
- 3 T. gochujang sauce
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 t. Korean chile flakes
- Cook InHarvest Black Pearl Medley according to package instructions. Reserve warm.
- In a bowl, combine the water, sugar, turmeric, rice vinegar and ¼ t. salt. Stir well. Add the radish, carrot and scallion to the liquid. Place the bowl in the walk-in or cooler to let the vegetables marinate for at least 1 hour before use.
- To make the slaw, in a large bowl, combine the cabbage, kimchee with juice, cilantro, mayonnaise, remaining salt and black pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- To make the sauce, in a small pot, combine the sesame seeds, garlic, sesame oil, syrup and gochujang sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Boil the eggs until the yolks are set, but not cooked through (about 7 minutes). Peel the eggs and cut them in half lengthwise. Set aside.
- Per order: In the bottom of a soup or other bowl, place 1 c. of cooked Black Pearl Medley. Top with ½ c. slaw, 2 egg halves, ¼ c. pickled vegetables and ⅛ c. sauce. Garnish with a sprinkling of chile flakes.
Per serving: 507 cal., 16 g pro., 73 g carb., 10 g fiber, 18 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 215 mg chol., 966 mg sod., 19 g sugar