Black Pearl Medley® Bibimbap Bowl - 2 lbs.
Yield: 17 servings
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Black Pearl Medley®
- 2½ c. water
- 5 T. sugar
- 2½ t. turmeric
- 10 T. rice vinegar
- 3 t. kosher salt, divided
- 2½ c. 1” matchsticks peeled daikon radish
- 2½ c. 1” matchsticks peeled carrot
- 1 ¼ c. 1” bias-cut scallion or spring onion
- 8½ c. shredded green cabbage
- 2⅛ c. roughly chopped kimchee with juice
- 2⅛ c. chopped cilantro
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1 t. ground black pepper
- ¼ c. sesame seeds
- ¼ c. finely minced garlic
- ½ c. sesame oil
- ½ c. rice syrup
- 1 c. gochujang sauce
- 17 whole eggs
- 1 T. Korean chile flakes
- Cook InHarvest Black Pearl Medley according to package instructions. Reserve warm.
- In a bowl, combine the water, sugar, turmeric, rice vinegar and 1 t. salt. Stir well. Add the radish, carrot and scallion to the liquid. Place the bowl in the walk-in or cooler to let the vegetables marinate for at least 1 hour before use.
- To make the slaw, in a large bowl, combine the cabbage, kimchee with juice, cilantro, mayonnaise, remaining salt and black pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- To make the sauce, in a small pot, combine the sesame seeds, garlic, sesame oil, syrup and gochujang sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Boil the eggs until the yolks are set, but not cooked through (about 7 minutes). Peel the eggs and cut them in half lengthwise. Set aside.
- Per order: In the bottom of a soup or other bowl, place 1 c. of cooked Black Pearl Medley. Top with ½ c. slaw, 2 egg halves, ¼ c. pickled vegetables and ⅛ c. sauce. Garnish with a sprinkling of chile flakes.
Per serving: 505 cal., 16 g pro., 75 g carb., 10 g fiber, 18 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 215 mg chol., 1,063 mg sod., 22 g sugar