Aloha Poke & Bamboo Rice Bowl - 2 lbs.
Yield: 16 servings
- 3 lbs. sashimi-quality tuna, medium dice
- ¼ c. sesame oil
- 2 T. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2½ qts. low-sodium vegetable stock
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Bamboo Rice
- 1 pt. mayonnaise
- ¾ c. Sriracha
- ¼ c. sweet chili sauce
- ½ c. water
- 1 sheet nori
- 3 pts. thinly sliced cucumber
- 3 c. medium-dice peeled avocado
- 3 c. sliced radish
- 3 c. thinly sliced scallion
- ¾ c. tobiko
- 1 T. shichimi tōgarashi (Japanese Seven Spice)
- In a mixing bowl, gently fold together the cubed tuna, sesame oil and soy sauce. Remove the bowl to the walk-in or cooler and let the tuna marinate for 1 hour.
- In a large pot, bring the stock to a boil. Stir in InHarvest Bamboo Rice and return to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook, covered, for 12 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed. Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes before serving.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, Sriracha, chili sauce and water. Set aside.
- Lightly toast the nori over a flame or electric burner. Cut into very thin ½”-long strips.
- Per order: In the bottom of a soup or other single-serving bowl, place 1 c. warm rice. Top with 3 oz. marinated tuna. Garnish with scant ¼ c. each of the cucumber, avocado, radish and scallion. Drizzle 3 T. mayo/Sriracha sauce over the vegetables. Crown the bowl with ¾ T. tobiko. Sprinkle 1 t. nori strips and scant ¼ t. shichimi tōgarashi over the dish and serve.
Per serving: 593 cal., 30 g pro., 68 g carb., 6 g fiber, 23 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 116 mg chol., 747 mg sod., 7 g sugar