Naked, Wild & Free™ Cheddar, Beer & Broccoli Soup - 8 oz.
Yield: 10 servings
- 8 oz. InHarvest Naked, Wild & Free™
- 2 T. olive oil
- ½ c. small-dice onion
- 1 T. minced garlic
- ¾ c. small-dice carrot
- ½ c. small-dice celery
- 5 c. roughly chopped broccoli florets
- 4 c. vegetable stock
- 12 oz. lite beer at room temperature
- 1 t. dry mustard
- 1 pt. heavy cream at room temperature
- 16 oz. aged cheddar, shredded
- 1 t. lemon juice
- 1 t. hot sauce
- 1 t. minced fresh thyme
- Prepare InHarvest Naked, Wild & Free with water according to package instructions. Reserve warm.
- In a large stockpot over medium heat, heat the oil. Sauté the onion and garlic for 2 minutes. Add the carrot and celery to the pot and sauté all ingredients for 2 minutes. Add the chopped broccoli and sauté all ingredients for 1 minute.
- Add the stock, beer and mustard to the pot and bring to a simmer. Slowly stir in the cream. Let the pot simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- While the soup is still simmering, add 1 handful of shredded cheddar to the soup and stir until the cheese melts thoroughly. Repeat until all the cheddar is incorporated and the soup achieves a smooth consistency.
- Stir the lemon juice, hot sauce and thyme into the soup.
- Evenly distribute the cooked grains among 10 shallow soup bowls, forming a mound in the center of each bowl. Pour an equal measure of cheddar/beer soup into each of the bowls to one side of the grain mounds so the tops of the mounds are exposed. Serve hot.
Per serving: 370 cal., 14 g pro., 20 g carb., 3 g fiber, 25 g fat (14 g sat. fat), 40 mg chol., 470 mg sod., 4 g sugar