Korean Black Rice Dumplings - 2 lbs.
Yield: 24 servings, approx. 120 dumplings
- 4 fresh ginger, 3“ pieces
- 2 qts. water
- 4 star anise pods
- 8 c. shiitake mushrooms, stemmed,¼“ dice
- ½ c. soy sauce, divided
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Nerone Italian Black Rice
- ¼ c. garlic, minced
- 4 c. kimchee, cut into ¼“ size
- 2 c. firm tofu, drained, ¼” dice
- 2 c. cilantro, chopped
- 2 c. scallions, thinly sliced
- 120 wonton wrappers
- Cut the ginger in half. Slice one of the halves into coins. Peel and grate the remaining half and set aside.
- In a pot, combine the water, star anise, ginger coin, mushrooms and half the soy sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add InHarvest Nerone Italian Black Rice and reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 40 minutes or until rice is tender. Cool rice on a sheet pan.
- Remove the star anise pod and ginger coins.
- Combine rice with all remaining filling ingredients. Mix well.
- Form dumplings into desired shape to be pan fried or steamed. Serve with a soy-based dipping sauce.
Per serving: 361 cal., 12 g pro., 68 g carb., 5 g fiber, 2 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 455 mg sod., 2 g sugar