Allergen-Free Quinoa Stuffed Mushrooms with Sausage - 8 oz.
Yield: 48 Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb, ¼” dice
- 1 yellow onion, ¼” dice
- ½ lb. shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and diced
- 8 oz. InHarvest Tri-Color Quinoa
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 T. fresh thyme, stemmed
- 1 c. gluten-free bread crumbs
- 2 t. fennel seeds
- 1 t. salt
- ½ t. pepper
- 48 button mushrooms, stems removed
- In a small stock pot, bring 2 cups water to a boil, add InHarvest Tri-Color Quinoa, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 12 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- In a large sauté pan, heat up olive oil, add fennel, onions and shiitake mushrooms. Cook on medium-high heat until all liquid from the mushrooms is absorbed and the onion is just starting to brown.
- Add sausage and brown.
- Add cooked Tri-Color Quinoa, garlic, thyme, fennel seeds, salt, pepper and bread crumbs; cook for 4 minutes.
- Run mushroom filling through food processor until well combined.
- Lay button mushrooms top side down on a sheet pan. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the mix into each mushroom and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Per serving: 100 cal., 4g pro., 7g carb., 1 g fiber, 5 g fat (1.5 g sat. fat), 5 mg chol., 320 mg sod., 0 g sugar