Georgian Beef Walnut Stew with Wild Rice - 2 lbs.
Yield: 48 1-cup servings
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Grade A Wild Rice
- 8 qts. beef stock
- ½ c. tamarind paste
- ½ c. tomato paste
- ½ c. lemon juice
- 64 oz. canned chopped tomatoes
- 4 c. yellow onion, ¼" dice
- 6 lbs. lean chuck roast, 1" dice
- 2 t. ground fenugreek
- 2 t. ground coriander
- 2 T. Hungarian paprika
- 2 T. kosher salt
- 2 t. cracked black pepper
- 2 T. dried tarragon
- 2 c. ground walnuts
- 2 c. fresh dill, chopped
- 2 c. flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 c. fresh mint, chopped
- In a large stock pot, add beef stock, tamarind paste, tomato paste, lemon juice, chopped tomatoes, fenugreek, coriander, paprika and onion and bring to a boil. Reduce to a gentle boil and add beef, walnuts, tarragon, dill, parsley and mint.
- Cook for one hour or until beef is tender.
- Add InHarvest Grade A Wild Rice and cook for 50 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with fresh dill.
Per serving: 260 cal., 18 g pro., 22 g carb., 3 g fiber, 11 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 45 mg chol., 460 mg sod., 3 g sugar