Ginger Crème Brûlée with Red Quinoa - 2 lbs.
Yield: 40, 4 oz. servings
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Red Quinoa
- 2 qts. water
- 1 gal. heavy cream
- 6 c. sugar
- 8 oz. peeled fresh ginger
- 32 egg yolks
- 1 c. sugar
- In a medium stock pot, bring water to a boil, add InHarvest Red Quinoa; cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 12 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Set aside.
- In a medium stock pot, add heavy cream, sugar and ginger; mix well and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and let ginger steep for 5 minutes. Turn off heat and set aside.
- In a medium metal bowl, beat egg yolks until smooth.
- Remove ginger from the cream and slowly add to eggs while whisking until mixture is smooth.
- Using a double boiler, bring mixture up to 170 degrees while stirring constantly. Fold in cooked quinoa.
- Divide evenly into 40, 4 oz. ramekins. Bake in a 325 degree oven using a water bath for 35 minutes or until custard is set. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until service.
- To serve; spoon 1 t. of sugar on top of each ramekin and place under broiler until sugar is melted. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 630 cal., 9 g pro., 54 g carb., 2 g fiber, 43 g fat (25 g sat. fat), 395 mg chol., 150 mg sod., 35 g sugar