Ginger Crème Brûlée with Red Quinoa - 8 oz.
Yield: 10, 4 oz. servingss
- 8 oz. InHarvest Red Quinoa
- 2 c. water
- 1 qt. heavy cream
- 1 ½ c. sugar
- 2 oz. peeled fresh ginger
- 8 egg yolks
- 10 t. sugar
- In a small stock pot, bring water to a boil, add InHarvest Red Quinoa; cover, reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 12 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Set aside.
- In a separate small stock pot, add heavy cream, sugar and ginger; mix well and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and let ginger steep for 5 minutes. Turn off heat and set aside.
- In a medium metal bowl beat egg yolks until smooth.
- Remove ginger from the cream and slowly add to eggs while whisking until mixture is smooth.
- Using a double boiler, bring mixture up to 170 degrees while stirring constantly. Fold in cooked quinoa.
- Divide evenly into 10, 4 oz. ramekins. Bake in a 325 degree oven using a water bath for 35 minutes or until custard is set. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until service.
- To serve; spoon 1 t. of sugar on top of each ramekin and place under broiler until sugar is melted. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 630 cal., 9 g pro., 54 g carb., 2 g fiber, 43 g fat (25 g sat. fat), 395 mg chol., 150 mg sod., 35 g sugar