Black Pearl Medley® Pork Chile Verde - 2 lbs.
Yield: 28 1-cup servings
- 1 t. vegetable oil
- 2 c. onion, medium dice
- ½ c. garlic clove, minced
- 2½ qts. chicken stock, low sodium
- 4 T. cumin, ground
- 1 T. kosher salt
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Black Pearl Medley®
- 3½ lbs. pork, boneless cubed, cooked
- 4 c. salsa verde
- 4 c. black beans, canned, drained
- 1 c. cilantro leaves, chopped
- In a pot large enough to hold all of the stock, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Sauté the onion and garlic, stirring occasionally until the onion is translucent.
- Add the chicken stock, cumin and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Into each 2½” hotel pan, place 2 lbs. InHarvest Black Pearl Medley, 3½ lbs. pork, 4 c. salsa verde, 4 c. black beans, 1 c. cilantro and 2½ qts. hot stock mixture. Stir well to combine and distribute the ingredients.
- Cover the pan tightly with parchment paper and foil. Cook in a 350°F convection oven for approximately 1 hour or until the rice is tender.
- Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
Per serving: 319 cal., 22 g pro., 37 g carb., 4 g fiber, 10 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 48 mg chol., 320 mg sod., 1 g sugar
- This recipe is intended to be made in multiple hotel-pan batches. If the desired total is not a multiple of the hotel-pan yield, a partial pan may be made with adjustments to the amounts listed in the directions.