Black Pearl Medley® Pork Chile Verde - 8 oz.
Yield: 7, 1-cup servings
- ¼ t. vegetable oil
- ½ c. onion, medium dice
- 2 T. garlic clove, minced
- 2 ½ c. chicken stock, low sodium
- 1 T. cumin, ground
- ¾ t. kosher salt
- 8 oz. InHarvest Black Pearl Medley®
- 14 oz. pork, boneless cubed, cooked
- 1 c. salsa verde
- 1 c. black beans, canned, drained
- 1/4 c. cilantro leaves, chopped
- In an ovenproof pot large enough to hold all of the ingredients, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Sauté the onion and garlic, stirring occasionally until the onion is translucent.
- Add the chicken stock, cumin and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pot, stir well and return to a boil.
- Cover the pan with a lid. Cook in a 350°F convection oven for approximately 1 hour or until the rice is tender.
- Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
Per serving: 319 cal., 22 g pro., 37 g carb., 4 g fiber, 10 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 48 mg chol., 320 mg sod., 1 g sugar