Spicy Farro, Bacon & Toasted-Fennel Salad - 8 oz.
Yield: 6 1-cup servings
- 2 c. water, lightly salted
- 8 oz. InHarvest Farro
- 4 oz. uncooked bacon
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 2 t. minced shallot
- ¼ t. crushed red-pepper flakes
- 1 t. ground toasted fennel seed
- ½ t. kosher salt
- ¼ t. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 c. large-dice tomato
- 2 c. arugula
- In a pot, bring the water to a boil. Add InHarvest Farro. Reduce to a simmer and cook, covered, for 25 minutes.
- Drain any remaining liquid from the pot. Lay the farro out on a sheet pan to cool to room temperature.
- Cook the bacon until crispy. Drain on paper towels. Break into ½” pieces.
- To make the dressing, combine the lemon juice, shallot, red-pepper flakes, fennel seed, salt and pepper. Whisk together while drizzling in the olive oil.
- In a bowl, toss well the farro, bacon, tomato, arugula and dressing. Serve.
Per serving: 195 cal., 8 g pro., 27 g carb., 3 g fiber, 7 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 6 mg chol., 312 mg sod., 1 g sugar