|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Whole Grain 5 Corn Fritters
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: About 175 2” fritters
- 2½ c. chicken or vegetable stock
- 8 oz. InHarvest Whole Grain 5 Blend™
- 2¾ c. all-purpose flour
- 2¼ c. rice flour
- 1¼ t. baking powder
- 1½ T. kosher salt
- 1 T. + 2 t. ground coriander
- 1 T. + 2 t. ground cumin
- 1 t. white pepper
- 2 t. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3½ c. water
- ¼ c. garlic, minced
- 1 qt. (about 6 cobs) fresh corn kernels, cooked
- 2 bunches scallions, green parts only, sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- canola or peanut oil, as needed
- Bring stock to a boil and stir in InHarvest Whole Grain 5 Blend™. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, rice flour, baking powder, salt, coriander, cumin and white pepper. Add lemon juice, eggs and water and beat until smooth.
- Stir in garlic, corn, Whole Grain 5 Blend, scallion and cilantro. Mix well and chill.
- Drop 1 T. batter at a time into hot (about 375°F) fryer oil and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes. (If batter sticks to the fryer basket, release with tongs or by giving the fryer basket a quick shake or two. Fritters can be flipped to obtain a more even browning after 1 minute.) Remove fritters from fryer and serve with sweet chili sauce or aïoli.