|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Whole Grain 5 Blend™ Deep-Dish Beef Chili
A great chili is a classic on casual menus—a one-pot dish that promises a deep, meaningful experience. Here, Whole Grain 5 Blend™ is added for a wholesome, fulfilling element.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 8 servings
- ½ t. vegetable oil
- 1 c. diced onion
- 1 T. chopped garlic
- 1 lb. 90% lean ground beef
- 2 T. tomato paste
- 2 T. chili powder
- ½ T. brown sugar
- ¾ t. kosher salt
- ¼ t. ground black pepper
- 1¼ c. diced canned tomato
- 3 c. beef stock
- 8 oz. InHarvest Whole Grain 5 Blend™
- 1½ c. drained canned kidney beans
- In an oven-proof pot large enough to hold all chili ingredients, heat the oil.
- Sauté the onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add the beef. Cook, breaking up the meat as it browns. Drain off the fat.
- Add the tomato paste, chili powder, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Combine well and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the diced tomato and stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the InHarvest Whole Grain 5 Blend™. Cover with the lid or foil and bake in a 350°F convection oven for approximately 1 hour or until the rice is tender.
- At service, stir the contents of the pan to mix well. Ladle an equal portion of chili into each of 8 bowls. Top each with spicy cilantro yogurt sauce, chopped red onion, chopped cilantro and/or sliced jalapeño.