|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
White and Wild Rice Jambalaya (2 lbs. product) - Military Foodservice
Yield: 30 1-cup servings
- 1½ qts. hot water
- 2 T. paprika
- 1 T. ground red pepper
- 1 T. kosher salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 lbs. InHarvest White and Wild Medley
- 4 10-oz. cans diced tomato (no salt added)
- 2 c. diced green bell pepper
- 3 c. diced green chiles
- 4 lbs. cooked diced chicken breast
- 1 lb. sliced andouille sausage
- 2 bunches scallions, sliced
- In a 2½” hotel pan, combine the water, paprika, red pepper, salt and bay leaves. Stir until blended.
- Add InHarvest White and Wild Medley, tomato, bell pepper, chiles, chicken and sausage. Stir until blended. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake in a conventional oven at 350ºF for 38 minutes or until the grains are tender and all the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Discard the bay leaves. Stir in scallions before serving.