|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
White and Wild Rice Jambalaya (100 servings) - Military Foodservice
Yield: 100 1-cup servings
- 4½ qts. hot water
- 6 T. paprika
- 3 T. ground red pepper
- 3 T. kosher salt
- 6 bay leaves
- 6 lbs. InHarvest White and Wild Medley
- 120 oz. canned diced tomato (no salt added)
- 6 c. diced green bell pepper
- 9 c. diced green chiles
- 13½ lbs. cooked diced chicken breast
- 3 lbs. sliced andouille sausage
- 6 bunches scallions, sliced
- In each of 3 hotel pans (2½”), combine 1½ qts. water, 2 T. paprika, 1 T. red pepper, 1 T. salt and 2 bay leaves. Stir until blended.
- To each hotel pan add 2 lbs. InHarvest White and Wild Medley, 40 oz. tomato, 2 c. bell pepper, 3 c. chiles, 4½ lbs. chicken and 1 lb. sausage. Stir until blended. Cover the pans with aluminum foil and bake in a conventional oven at 350ºF for 38 minutes or until the grains are tender and all the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove the pans from the oven. Discard the bay leaves. Stir in scallions before serving.