|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Sweet Potato Sunrise Hash with Free-Range Poached Egg
Recipe & Photo Courtesy of Chef Jeffrey Nayda
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 6 servings
- 8 oz. InHarvest Sunrise Blend with Quinoa Flakes®
- 2 c. sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed 1/2”
- 2/3 c. onions, preferably sweet, finely chopped
- 3 T. dried sweetened cranberries
- 3 T. golden raisins
- 2 T. raisins
- 6 cage-free eggs, large
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Canola oil, scant
- Seasonal fresh fruit and fresh mint for garnish
- Bring 1 1/2 c. lightly salted water to a boil. Stir in 8 ounces Sunrise Blend with Quinoa Flakes®. Cover and remove from heat. Let rest covered for 20 minutes.
- Steam cubed sweet potatoes until soft.
- Sauté chopped onion in a large skillet in canola oil until translucent.
- Add steamed cubed sweet potatoes to sautéed onions, cooking until potatoes are browned.
- Add 4 cups cooked Sunrise Blend with Quinoa Flakes to potato/onion mixture.
- Combine ingredients and sauté over low heat until lightly browned.
- Add dried fruit and cinnamon. Mix together well and remove from heat. Cover and set aside.
- Poach cage-free eggs to desired doneness.
- Place scant 1 c. cooked mixture onto plates using a timbale.
- Top each serving with a poached egg and garnish with seasonal fresh fruit and mint.