|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Sunrise Holiday Stuffing
Our recipe for Sunrise Holiday Stuffing celebrates quintessential autumn flavors like sweet apple, golden raisins, cranberry and sage to turn an otherwise ho-hum stuffing into a hit.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 6½ cups
- 1 ½ c. chicken stock
- 8 oz. InHarvest Sunrise Blend with Quinoa Flakes®, dry
- 4 oz. apple sauce
- 2 T. olive oil
- ½ c. sweet onion, small dice
- ½ c. celery, small dice
- ½ c. carrots, small dice
- 1 t. garlic, minced
- ½ c. white wine
- 1 c. apples, peeled, small dice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ c. whole almonds, toasted, chopped
- ½ c. dried cranberries
- ½ c. golden raisins
- 1 t. fresh thyme, chopped fine
- 1 T. fresh sage, chopped
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 T. cold butter, chopped
- In a pot bring chicken stock to a boil. Stir in InHarvest Sunrise Blend with Quinoa Flakes®, cover and remove from heat. Let rest covered for 20 minutes.
- Fold in apple sauce to Sunrise Blend.
- In a pan with olive oil, sauté onion, celery, carrot and garlic until onion is translucent, about 2 minutes. Add wine and apple. Season with salt and pepper and let reduce for 3 minutes.
- Place vegetable/apple mixture into a bowl and combine with Sunrise Blend. Fold in almonds, cranberries, raisins and all herbs until well incorporated.
- Pour stuffing mix into a greased baking dish. (Do not pack tightly.) Top with butter and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until crispy on top.