|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Spiced Naked, Wild & Free™ Salad with Fried Haloumi - 2 lbs.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 40 1-cup servings
- 2¼ qts. water
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Naked Wild & Free™ Blend
- 2 t. cumin seeds
- 2 t. coriander seeds
- 2 t. fennel seeds
- 2 t. yellow mustard seeds
- 4 t. kosher salt
- 2 t. black pepper, ground
- 3/4 c. lemon juice
- 1½ c. olive oil
- 1 c. pumpkin seeds
- 1 c. sunflower seeds
- 2 lbs. haloumi cheese, cut into ½-inch slices
- 2 c. bell pepper, roasted, seeded, peeled, cut into ½-inch dice
- 16 c. baby spinach, julienned
- Bring 2¼ c. unsalted water to a boil.
- Add InHarvest Naked Wild & Free Blend. Cover and simmer until grains are tender and liquid is absorbed, about 50 minutes. Cool on a sheetpan.
- Toast cumin, coriander, fennel and mustard seeds lightly in an un-greased pan.
- Cool seeds slightly and grind in a spice grinder.
- Combine toasted spices with the salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil. Mix well to combine.
- In the same pan used to toast the spices, lightly toast the pumpkin and sunflower seeds. Set aside to cool.
- Place the haloumi slices in the pan and cook until browned. Flip and brown the other side. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Cut the haloumi into ½-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss together the Naked Wild & Free Blend, toasted seeds, haloumi, roasted pepper, spinach and dressing.
- Serve at room temperature.
Per serving: 260 cal., 9 g pro., 19 g carb., 3 g fiber, 17 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 20 mg chol., 304 mg sod., 1 g sugar