|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Ruby Wild Blend™ Deep-Dish Turkey Chili w Spicy Yogurt Sauce - K-12
Recipe developed by InHarvest Chef Coleen Donnelly specifically for school menus.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 1 2½” hotel pan (27 1-cup portions)
A 1-cup serving provides 1 grain/bread serving, ½ cup vegetable and 1.75 oz. meat/alt.
- 2 t. vegetable oil
- 4 c. onions, diced
- ¼ c. garlic, chopped
- ½ c. tomato paste
- ½ c. chili powder
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 3 t. kosher salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- 5 c. tomatoes, canned, low sodium, diced, with juice
- 2½ qts. chicken stock, low sodium
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Ruby Wild Blend™
- 3 lbs. ground turkey, cooked, drained
- 6 c. kidney beans, canned, low sodium or cooked without salt, drained
- In a pot large enough to hold all of the chili ingredients, heat the oil.
- Sauté the onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add the tomato paste, chili powder, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes (with juice) and stock. Bring to a boil.
- Into each 2½” hotel pan, place 2 lbs. InHarvest Ruby Wild Blend, 3 lbs. turkey, 6 cups beans and 4 qts. hot stock mixture. Stir to combine.
- Cover the pan with parchment and foil.
- Bake in a 350°F convection oven for approximately 1 hour or until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove the pan from the oven, remove the foil and paper, and stir contents of the pan to mix well. Serve each portion with 1 T. Spicy Cilantro Yogurt Sauce. (Recipe follows.)
Per serving: 339 cal., 23 g pro., 44 g carb., 6 g fiber, 9 g fat, 2 g sat. fat, 51 mg chol., 357 mg sod.
Spicy Cilantro Yogurt Sauce (Yield: 6 cups, or 96 1-tablespoon servings)
- 6 c. yogurt, plain, nonfat
- 2 t. cumin, ground
- ½ t. cayenne
- 1-1/3 T. lime juice
- 1 t. kosher salt
- 1 c. cilantro, chopped
In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
Per serving: 10 cal.,
- This recipe is intended to be made in multiple hotel-pan batches. If the desired total is not a multiple of the hotel-pan yield, a partial pan may be made with adjustments to the amounts listed in the directions.
- For more complex flavor, consider making your own chili powder. Blend together 3 parts chili powder, 2 parts ground cumin, 2 parts paprika, 1 part crushed red pepper and 1 part oregano.
- For a looser consistency, increase the stock by up to 1 cup.
- Serve the chili in a bowl and offer toppings such as shredded cheese, chopped red onions, chopped cilantro and sliced jalapeños.
- The meat/meat alternate contribution is calculated on an ounce-to-ounce basis. If using a product that requires more than 1 ounce to meet the ounce equivalent, the recipe will require adjustment in order to meet the stated M/MA contribution.