|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Recipe courtesy of Chef Ann Cooper, Director of Nutrition Services, Boulder Valley School District, Boulder, CO
Yield: 8 half-cup servings
- 6 oz. InHarvest Ruby Wild Blend™
- 1½ c. water
- 4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled (about ½ c.)
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ c. sunflower oil
- ½ t. kosher salt
- ¼ t. black pepper
- 3 c. butternut squash
- 1 T. fresh parsley
- Bring water to a boil, add InHarvest Ruby Wild Blend, simmer covered for 30 minutes or until water is absorbed. Lay out on a sheet pan and cool under refrigeration.
- Peel and seed the butternut squash, then cut it into ½-inch dice.
- Roast in a 375ºF oven on a sheet pan until browned and tender.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Mix together rice, squash, feta, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Blend together lemon juice and oil.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Hold refrigerated until ready to use.
Chef’s note: Serve on salad bar as a gluten-free salad option.