|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Moroccan Chicken with Apricots and Green Olives
InHarvest Products Used
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Chris Bybee, Sublime Catering
Yield: 8 portions
- 2 c. InHarvest Mountain Red Blend™
- 2 ½ c. water or stock
- ½ c. olive oil
- 3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into quarters
- 2 ½ c. chicken stock
- 2 medium yellow onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ lb. dried apricots, cut in half
- 1 c. Spanish queen or manzanilla olives, drained and pitted
- 1 c. honey
- ½ c. sesame seeds
- ½ c. sliced almonds
- 1 T. cinnamon
- 4 sprigs fresh mint, rough chopped (20-25 leaves)
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In large saucepan, heat olive oil. Add chicken thighs and fry until light golden. Transfer chicken to oven-safe pan, cover and bake at 350°F until cooked through. Reserve the large saucepan and olive oil for later use.
- In separate pot, add InHarvest Mountain Red Blend™ to boiling water or stock and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and reserve.
- In reserved saucepan with olive oil, sauté onion with bay leaves until onion is soft, about 6 minutes.
- Add apricots, garlic, olives, cinnamon and honey. Add cooked chicken to pan and lightly simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and discard bay leaves. Blend in sesame seeds, almonds, parsley and mint. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve family style over InHarvest Mountain Red Blend.