|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Recipe courtesy of Michael C. Manniello, CDM, FMP, District Manager and Regional Executive Chef, Eurest, Compass Group, PLC
- 8 oz. InHarvest Kansas Medley™
- 2 3/4 c. vegetable stock
- 8 oz. InHarvest Sunrise Blend with Quinoa Flakes®
- 1½ c. vegetable stock
- ¼ c. celery, minced
- ¼ c. carrot, minced
- ¼ c. onion, minced
- 1 T. garlic, minced
- 1¼ t. ginger, minced
- 1¼ t. cumin
- 1¼ t. cinnamon
- 1¼ t. black pepper
- 1¼ t. coriander
- 2½ t. Ras el Hanout
- 1½ c. crushed tomatoes
- 1½ c. diced tomatoes
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 c. panko bread crumbs
- ½ bunch parsley, fine chopped
- Pan spray as needed
- In a medium sauce pan, bring 2 3/4 c. vegetable stock to a boil, add InHarvest Kansas Medley™ and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 25-30 minutes until stock is absorbed. Chill.
- In a separate sauce pan, bring 1½ c. vegetable stock to a boil and add InHarvest Sunrise Blend with Quinoa Flakes®. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, cover and let rest for 20 minutes. Chill.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Prep all vegetables, garlic and ginger and roast in oven until tender and slightly browned (approximately 15 minutes). Remove and chill.
- Mix vegetables and grains together and add remaining ingredients.
- Allow Kofta mixture to sit for 1 hour before forming around skewers.
- Cover a sheet tray with foil or parchment paper and spray with pan spray.
- Form mixture around the skewers. (Approximately 1½ c. per skewer.)
- Place tightly formed Kofta skewers on the sheet tray and bake in oven until internal temperature reaches 155° F.
- Serve over your favorite Mediterranean salad and heirloom tomatoes.