|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Jerk Chicken and Jasmine Blend Pita with Grilled Mango & Avocado Salsa
Dial up flavor with this take on the endlessly shareable flatbread. Build a unique salad atop pita: jerk chicken with a salsa starring grilled mango, avocado, cilantro, lime and red pepper. To add more interest, fold in cooked and cooled Jasmine Blend, a pretty blend of Jasmine rice, split baby garbanzos and crunchy daikon radish seeds.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 6 servings
- 1¾ c. water
- 8 oz. InHarvest Jasmine Blend
- 1½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ c. Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 2 medium mangoes, sliced, grilled and diced small
- Juice of 1 lime, for the salsa
- 1 large avocado, diced small, coated with lime juice as needed to prevent oxidation
- ½ c. small-dice red bell pepper
- ½ c. chopped fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 6 6” pita rounds
- In a pot, bring the water to a boil. Stir in InHarvest Jasmine Blend and reduce to a simmer. Cook, covered, for 9 minutes. Lay the Jasmine Blend out on a sheet pan and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, coat the chicken thighs with oil. Add the jerk seasoning and mix until the thighs are evenly coated. Let the thighs marinate, chilled, for 1 hour.
- Grill or bake the thighs until cooked through. When cool enough to handle, thinly slice each thigh and reserve.
- In a bowl, combine the mango, avocado, bell pepper, cilantro and lime juice until well mixed. Salt to taste.
- Before service, mix the salsa into the Jasmine Blend and combine well.
- Per portion: Place ¾ c. Jasmine Blend/salsa mixture in the center of 1 pita. Top with 4 oz. chicken. Serve with jerk sauce if desired.