|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Indian Summer Salad
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: About 24, 1-cup servings
- 2 qt. water
- 2 lb. InHarvest Basmati Blend™
- 2 c. mayonnaise
- 2 c. plain yogurt
- 2 T. plus 1 t. curry powder
- 1 ½ t. salt
- 1 T. plus 2 t. sugar
- 1 c. fresh or frozen peas
- 1 c. diced red bell pepper
- 1 ½ c. diced celery
- 2 c. golden raisins
- 1 c. cashew halves
- 12 oz. turkey breast, thick sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring 2 quarts water to a boil, stir in InHarvest Basmati Blend™. Bring back to a boil, then reduce to a simmer covered for 12 minutes or until liquid is gone. Cool rice immediately.
- To make the dressing, whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, curry powder, salt and sugar in a separate bowl and reserve.
- Once rice is cool, mix all ingredients except turkey until thoroughly blended. Chill before assembling the pita.
- Layer the turkey in the pita before stuffing with the curried Basmati Blend, or dice the turkey and mix with the rice for a salad application if desired.
Other serving ideas:
Combine with fresh greens and serve as a wrap. Stuff bell peppers or tomatoes and serve with fresh greens and a side of your favorite chutney.