|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Golden Jewel Blend® Mediterranean Salad - Military Foodservice
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 100 half-cup servings
- 6 lbs. InHarvest Golden Jewel Blend®
- 3 c. lemon juice, fresh
- 3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ c. sugar
- 1 t. salt
- 3 T. garlic, fresh, minced
- ¾ c. oregano, fresh chopped
- 1 ½ c. mint, fresh chopped
- 6 c. tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 6 c. black olives, sliced
- 2 c. red onion, diced
- 1 lb. spinach, fresh and julienne cut
- 12 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- Combine 1 ¼ qts. water with each 2 lb. package of InHarvest Golden Jewel Blend in a full hotel pan. Cover and cook in convection or combi oven at 350°F for 10 minutes, or until liquid is gone. Cool overnight or until properly chilled to 41°F or lower.
- To make lemon garlic vinaigrette, start with large bowl and drizzle extra virgin olive oil into fresh squeezed lemon juice while whipping continuously. Add sugar, salt, garlic, oregano and mint and blend well. Adjust salt and sugar to taste.
- Combine chilled Golden Jewel Blend with vinaigrette, mix well until all grains have separated.
- Add tomatoes, olives, onion and spinach, mix well.
- Chill salad and garnish with feta cheese before serving.
*Chef’s Note: Substitute lemon garlic vinaigrette with any balsamic or Mediterranean style vinaigrette.