|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Chef’s Shaker Salad with Ruby Wild Blend™ - K-12 Foodservice
Recipe developed by InHarvest Chef Coleen Donnelly specifically for school menus.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: 16 servings
Each portion provides 2 grain/bread servings, 1 cup vegetable (½ cup dark green, ½ cup red/orange), 2 oz. eq. meat/alt.
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Ruby Wild Blend™
- 2 c. Italian salad dressing
- 4 c. carrots, shredded
- 16 c. romaine lettuce, chopped
- ½ lb. cheddar cheese, low sodium, grated
- 1 lb. diced ham, low sodium
- 1 lb. chicken meat, cooked, diced
- 4 c. tomatoes, grape or cherry variety, halved
- Cook InHarvest Ruby Wild Blend according to package directions.
- Cool completely on a sheet pan.
- Fill 2-oz. dressing cups with 1/8 c. of dressing and cover each with the lid.
- Layer ingredients into 16-oz. cups as follows:
- 1 c. Ruby Wild Blend
- ¼ c. carrots
- 1 c. romaine lettuce
- .5 oz. cheese (about 1/8 c.)
- 1 oz. ham (about ¼ c., volume may vary depending on product used)
- 1 oz. chicken (about ¼ c., volume may vary depending on product used)
- ¼ c. tomatoes
- Cover the cup with the flat lid. Place the dressing cup on top of the flat lid. Place the domed lid on top of the salad cup and press to seal.
- To make the salad, remove lids from the cup. Pour contents of the dressing container into the cup. Replace the domed lid only and shake the salad until ingredients are mixed.
Per serving: 641 cal., 27 g pro., 78 g carb., 7 g fiber, 26 g fat, 6 g sat. fat, 55 mg chol., 611 mg sod., 2 g sugar
* The Meat/Meat Alternate contribution for the chicken is calculated on an ounce to ounce basis. If using a product that requires more than 1 ounce to meet the ounce equivalent, the recipe will require adjustment in order to meet the stated M/MA contribution.
* The Meat/Meat Alternate contribution for the ham is based on an average of a 1.5-oz. serving crediting as 1 oz. Check the Food Buying Guide or your product’s formulation statement for crediting information.
Note: For each salad, you will need a 16-oz. clear cup with a flat no-slot lid and a domed no-hole lid, as well as a 2-oz. portion cup with lid.