|Industrial||1-530-669-0150 ext. 3627|
Caviar Medley™ Salad with Lemon Mint Pesto and Grilled Asparagus
Caviar Medley provides a unique mix of acini de pepe pasta and parboiled long grain rice for a delicately colored side dish or salad base. All cook times matched for consistency.
InHarvest Products Used
Yield: About 11 ½ cup servings
- 2 c. water
- 8 oz. InHarvest Caviar Medley™
- 1/4 c. pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 T. parmesan, shredded
- ½ t. kosher salt
- 1 c. fresh mint leaves
- 3 T. lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ c. grilled asparagus spears, 1 inch cut
- ½ c. grape or cherry tomato halves
- ½ c. spring carrots, ¼ inch slice, lightly blanched
- 1 T. capers, drained
- 2 t. olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil. Stir in InHarvest Caviar Medley. Bring back to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest covered for 5 minutes.
- Spread rice onto full hotel pan or sheet pan and cool immediately.
- Combine all ingredients for pesto (except olive oil) in food processor. While processing, slowing drizzle olive oil in until desired texture is achieved.
- To make the salad, combine asparagus pieces, tomato halves, carrot slices, capers, olive oil and pesto and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with grilled chicken, fish or lamb kabobs.
Chef’s suggestion: Replace the carrots with grilled portobella mushrooms and serve warm with shaved Parmesan as a garnish.